Re: no audio with Quicktime video streams

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 11:03 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> Clint Harshaw wrote:
> > Can anyone get any audio to accompany the streaming Quicktime video at
> > http://www.apple.com/trailers? I have never been able to get either FC1
> > or FC2 set up to properly play those video streams.
> >
> > I have installed mplayer* via yum.
> >
> > The video comes through just fine. There is no sound, however.

I think you may be hitting the fact that some of the newer quicktime
movies use an audio codec that is not available (or at least not shipped
out of the box), but the video (probably something like Sorenson) is
supported.

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>