Re: Re: [Fedora] Re: Help me find 5 mistakes and than solution to thoes mistakes!

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 17:55 -0400, Aaron Gaudio wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 22:52 +0100, Robert Crowther wrote:
>
> > Apparently for latin viri is correct:
> > http://lysy2.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/words.exe?virus , but the latin
> > meaning is a bit divorced from the current english meaning.
> >

> Well, everything I've read (except the above) has said that "viri" is
> not correct for latin (and therefore english) because there was no
> plural form of the latin word (kinda like there's no plural for
> "darkness" I suppose).

	Just curious as to why we must use proper Latin grammar just because we
borrowed the word from them?  It's not like anyone speaks the language
anymore.  Do we also learn the grammar of every other language we borrow
words from.  Judging by this list, few of us even know English grammar.

> But I guess the really important thing is that someone understands you.
> If they can correct you when you say "virii" then you probably got your
> message across. :)

Possibly the smartest off topic sentence seen here today!

Scott