Re: online virus-scanning of the proxy-cache

Am Fr, den 20.08.2004 schrieb Roger Grosswiler um 10:53:

> so, for additional security, i look for some kind of interface for squid, that detects traffic on port 3128 and scans
> it for viruses. i first thought on squidgard, but i am not sure, wheater you can include externel programs such as
> clamscan.

> Roger

I paste from the clamav user list for simplicity:

> Has anyone managed to get anything working with Clamav using
squidguard
>  and another package to scan traffic as it enters the proxy? I read on
>  the main site that Viralator supports clamav, but the current
download
>  available, viralator-09pre2.zip, has no provisions for clamscan at
all
>  within it.  All other versions of viralator appear to be older than
this
>  one and this one is listed as stable.

I am currently using the latest beta of viralator (which supports Clam)
with
jesred (not squidguard) and squid on OpenBSD 3.5.  I don't know how much
use
it will be, so I'm not sure if I'll keep it, but it works so far.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 20:13:52 up 15:56, 12 users, 0.20, 0.25, 0.20