Re: Dual boot XP Pro and Fedora

C-man wrote:
> I have been trying to configure a dual boot system and for some reason only
> Win XP is recognized to boot up as normal. I have tried everything but
> installing grub on the MBR as it said if you were running Win NT not to do
> that in the installation. Any help would be appreciated. If it wasn't for
> the wife using it I would have the whole thing Linux.

It would help if you would describe exactly what is happening. Is it
just going straight into XP without giving you any menu or chance to
boot Fedora?

Where were you told not to install grub on the MBR? It works fine for
me. Did you install grub at all?

I'm just not sure how you're expecting Fedora to boot.

This could be worth reviewing: it doesn't look as though there is
any difference for the purposes of this article between grub and lilo.
http://www.devhood.com/tutorials/tutorial_details.aspx?tutorial_id=313

James.
--
E-mail address: james |  ... more holes in Internet Explorer than
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Blackburn, Lancashire...