Re: The Best ADSL Modem?

Christoph Kiefer wrote:

> It's true, setting up an ADSL modem under Linux are pure pains.

I don't think that is really true, if you use an Ethernet ADSL modem,
and Roaring Penguin rp-pppoe.
There is a program adsl-setup with this, that does everything necessary.

People seem to have a lot of problems with ADSL USB modems,
so I would say the extra expense of an Ethernet modem is well worth while.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366