Re: help with install

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Mi, den 18.08.2004 schrieb Macadio Gaines um 0:50:

1.) I downloaded the first ISO disk and burned it to CD. I can't do
the check sum cause im running a Windows2k box. But when I put in the
CD it does not auto install it just boots to windows. Is there some
trick or something I did not do to get the CD to auto boot to load the
OS?

You can do m35sum checks on Windows[tm] too. Quickly to be found using
google, i.e.:

http://www.md5summer.org/download.html

Be sure your BIOS settings have priority set to boot from CD first.

2.) Do I need to download all 4 ISO images? just getting 1 took over 5
hours on a T-1 line at work.

Depends on the volume of packages you want to install. For a minimal
install the first 2 CDs should be ok. The more packages the more CDs.
With graphical environment you will need the first 3 DCs.

Don't forget that the CD must be burned with the "Use ISO image as source" option of the CD burning program. ISO images are raw images of the ENTIRE CD. If your CD only shows one file when you mount it under Windows, you burned it wrong.

See "http://www.rhil.net/docs/faq.html#making_cds"; for more information.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
- Linux is like a wigwam...no windows, no gates...and apache inside! -