Re: I also wonder...

On Tuesday 17 Aug 2004 13:48, The wise and knowledgeable Timothy Payne
proclaimed:

> > > Okay, I'm really tired and sleep deprived.  ;-)

I couldn't resist chucking my two penneth worth in first I would like to
congratulate Edward M. Croft on his excellent response one or two members
would do well to set it as their desktop background to remind them that they
are no better than anyone else on this list.

I have only been using Linux for about 18 months so I am still very much a
novice. I very rarely post to this list for the very reasons Edward made, I
watch the posts every day 5 days a week and its incredible see the amount of
people shot down in flames! by experts in Linux but lacking in people skills.

I deliberately use the little anecdote on the bottom of my mails to remind me
and others that its no crime to ask a question even a thousand times the
crime is not asking.

More importantly I feel better as a human being helping someone than sending
them away with a flea in the ear, what has it cost you? two minutes of your
time and saved them 2 hours thats a good trade off in my book and I feel
better in myself knowing I have made someone happy.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"