SB Live! not working on Fedora Core 2

I have a Creative SB Live! soundcard in my 2Ghz HP Pavilion PC.

While installing FC2, it detected the sound card and I could hear the
sound clearly on clicking the "Test Sound" button. After installation,
I updated the packages using Yum and now the sound if broken! I
suppose the update program updated the Alsa package as well - right
now it says it's running Alsa 1.0.3a. The system detects the sound
card correctly but "Test Sound" does not produce any output - I've
checked alsamixer and other programs, and nothing is muted or at low.
The module being used is snd_emu10k1. I've tried using the OSS driver
by setting the output preference in XMMS, but with the same result.

What could be wrong? The soundcard works fine under Windows 2K.
--
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?