Logic for network-scripts?

I recently replaced a laptop with a removable PCMCIA 802.11 card with one that has its 802.11 built in.

Is there a clever way to have FC2 try to ifup the wireless if, and only if, ifup'ing the fixed ethernet fails?

On my old laptop, I could simply insert the PCMCIA card before I boot w/o the ethernet plugged in and leave it out otherwise. That way one or the other would be guaranteed to fail. Now, when the ethernet is plugged in, both interfaces come up and I have routing conflicts.

	Joe