Re: SELinux and YUM

Hi,

> I get the following notice after yum has downloaded updates and runs a test
> transaction.  Is this okay to ignore?

> Running test transaction:
> /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:  invalid context
> system_u:object_r:printer_device_t on line number 142
> Test transaction complete, Success!
> /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:  invalid context
> system_u:object_r:printer_device_t on line number 142

Just means that you've not run selinux before (or not done a file fix).

Let it get through to the desktop and drop down to a console login.
Login, change to su
/sbin/fixfiles -r (IIRC)

That will fix the contexts etc.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our