Re: pop3/imap server - possibly stupid question

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 06:06:21AM +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> "standard" - you did not say whether you use FC1 or FC2. The default
> IMAP server on Core 1 is the uw-imap, on Core 2 it is dovecot. But it
> does not matter regarding your question.

I don't know why people say that dovecot is the default imap server in
FC2.
On out FC2 where everything is installed cyrus-imapd is the running
server and we did not choose that explicitly.

Now to root. root on different linux machines are not the considered
equivalent. If they were it would be a security hole. That is what
no_root_squash  is all about in exporting.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.