Re: Setting up network

Hey Bill,

> I just got a FC2 computer up and running.  It is attached to a small
> home network which is attached to the internet by DSL.  The linux
> computer connects to the internet and operates perfectly.  My problem
> is that it does not see any of the computer on the net work.  How can
> I configure the computer to see the other computers.

first check if you have two network interface cards. One should be
connected with the DSL-Modem and the other should be connected to the
switch/hub of your home-network.

The later should have an ip address of your home network and should
share the netmask of all home machines.

Now ping the other home network boxes from your linux pc. It should
work. If not, please give us more information like the output of
"ifconfig -a" and the output of "netstat -nr".

HTH
Volker