Re: lm_sensors output

Jack Howarth wrote:

Randy,
   I checked my bios. For the w83627hf-isa-0c00 sensors,
the BIOS shows...

Current CPU1 Temp 42C
Current CPU2 Temp 37C

...whereas sensors measured immediately afterwards shows...

temp1 +53C
temp2 +13C
temp3 +12C

I assume that temp2 and temp3 are supposed to be CPU1/CPU2
temperatures? If so how exactly are you supposed to correct
this in /etc/sensors.conf? With an offset or a scaling
correction?

The voltages have a compute statement that allows you to adjust the values to get accurate readouts, but I don't see the same thing for temp readings. In your /etc/sensors.conf, go to the section that starts with:

chip "w83782d-*" "w83627hf-*"

Uncomment the lines:

#   set sensor1 1
#   set sensor2 2
#   set sensor3 3435

one at a time.

The default sensor type is a thermistor (3435), which is not working for you, so try type 1 and 2 and see if you get better readings. Try the different values for each sensor (eg: set sensor1 1, then set sensor1 2), and after each change, do a 'sensors -s' then a 'sensors' and see if you can get closer to the readings you saw in BIOS.

If you figure out which temp is which, you can add something like:

label temp1 "CPU1 Temp"
label temp2 "CPU2 Temp"
label temp3 "MB Temp"

to your /etc/sensors.conf file so you can keep track of which temp is which.