Error running K3B

I am having a problem running k3b on a RH9 computer.I myself use k3b on my
computer running FC1 and everything works fine.I have both Gnome & KDE
installed in mine.Now in my friends computer I tried to install the
same(k3b-0.11.5-xcyb).He gave me root access.Now his computer only has
GNome.I resolved all the dependencies and installed k3b.But when I try to run
it from terminal,the following error is issued and exits.
"k3b: relocation error: k3b: undefined
symbol:_ZNK10KAboutData18copyrightStatementEv"
What is the problem?Can anyone help me.Thanks in advance.

Kaustubh Ghosh