Re: Core 2 / hotplug / madwifi

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 11:12, Paul Peeler wrote:
> Thanks very much for the pointer. I had been using the cvs versions of
> madwifi to no avail, though the FAQ is a welcome link.
>
> I'm assuming that you had some trouble with Kudzu and as a result
> decided not to use it. If that is the case, I can certainly relate, as
> I had some problems on a work machine with a cisco card and kudzu.
>
> again, thanks.
>
> Paul

Kudzu bit me with this driver back in FC1 and I haven't been willing to
give it another chance....  So I just choose Ignore each time I upgrade
my kernel and reinstall this driver with that script.

And just to complete the picture, I added one line to the
/etc/modprobe.conf (remember modules.conf was for 2.4):

alias ath0 ath_pci

And I have the following ifcfg-ath0 file in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts:

# Atheros Communications, Inc.|AR5211 802.11ab NIC
DEVICE=ath0
TYPE=Wireless
ONBOOT=no
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ESSID=<put your SSID here>
MODE=Managed
KEY=<put your hex WEP key here>

Then when I finish booting I login and either do an "ifup ath0" or I do
an "ifup eth0" depending on if I am connected wireless or wired.

--Rob