Re: Triple boot machine possible?

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 06:09, Jacob (=Jouk wrote:

>  hmm... so only grub.conf is changed in /boot
>  In that case I'll also need some bootable CD to get the "old"
> /boot/grub/grub.conf back when FC3t1 fails to boot.
>
>           Jouk

Having just done this, FC3T1 shouldn't fail to boot since it will have
just created the new grub.conf in the old /boot/grub location. After
it does, edit the new configuration to include the older
instructions. You'll be given the option of formatting the /boot
partition during the install process but just say "no".

If you save your old grub.conf somewhere else other than /boot/grub,
you can mount it to get the old instructions once FC3T1 is up and
running, or print them out first, or save them to floppy, or .....

Regards,  Mike Klinke