Re: FC2 Updated ISOs

Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 20:56, William Hooper wrote:

Chris A Czerwinski said:

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 15:47, William Hooper wrote:

Phillip Compton said:

With the EOL of FC1 fast approaching, would it make sense to help
ease the migration to FC2 by releasing ISOs containing all the current
updates?

Seems to me that development/testing efforts would be better focused on getting FC3 done than re-hashing FC2.

Does that mean FC2 still needs more tweaking and adding other fixes for
it to be fully functional, so that it can stand as an ISO without any manual intervention?

No, that means any release requires a group of resources to package and test it. Seems to me that those resources are better spent on FC3.

Otherwise every release will become the initial release and another release when the previous is going out of support.  This effectively doubles the number of releases for no good reason.
--
William Hooper

I, for one, would still like to see a base FC2 ISO that can be used as a
fresh install or upgrade from FC1 ISO, to keep us Newbies and businesses
in using FEDORA - isn't that what truly counts - the USER who also
spreads the good word.

Otherwise, FEDORA will always remain a work in progress, with an
uncompleted phase or no base zero to fall back on, sort of regrouping.
Doesn't the kernel need a occasionally freeze before continuing on?
Maybe this business step/process should be incorporated into the
Model/Project as a milestone or event and have an ISO team.

Hummm.... (again)
We're building a house, but you can't move in yet because the basement
isn't finished and we're changing the furnace but if you know what
you're doing then use these base board heaters because the house got
bigger with other adjustments that you requested.

Reminds me of a so called story about "Casa Loma" in Toronto, Ontario
where the owner felt that if he had ever finished the castle he would
die. So the castle was always in a state of reconstruction.

Chris Cz (will always remain a newbie if these change continue at this
rate)

From what I understand of your needs, you should probably have a look at http://www.tummy.com/krud
They offer fully-updated distributions and even have their own mailing list.