Re: Fedora Core 1 Status Update

Edwards, Scott (MED, Kelly IT Resouces) wrote:
> This is what I was just trying to find out.  Is there any plan now as to
> when FC2 will be transferred to the legacy project?

As I understand it, not beyond this:
Updates will be available for two to three months after the release of
the subsequent version; that is, updates for Fedora Core 1 will be
provided for two to three months after the release of Fedora Core 2,
and so forth.
(http://fedora.redhat.com/about/faq/)
and the PRELIMINARY Fedora Core 3 Schedule:
25      Oct     Release open, announced
(http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/).

We don't yet know, for example, that FC3 will come out on time. It's
looking good, but there still might be some major bug discovered at
the last minute.

But the tentative schedule is around the end of this year.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "The US Air Force is removing harmful "greenhouse"
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | gases from the cooling systems of intercontinental