Re: new to Fedora

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 01:57:02PM +0000, Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just new to Fedora and Redhat.
> I just install the minimal system without the graphical user interface.
>
> I like to proaam/setup with text command's
>
> What kind of commands are used in Fedora to configue the system and install pakages.
>
> I know rpm, but is there a way to point and shoot in the textmode?
>
> peter
Linux with out a graphical interface might just as well be called
extended DOS.

Nothing stops you from using command line execution with the
graphical interface but you can do that in multiple windows and/or on
multiple machines at the same time with the graphical user interface.

I should have added IMHO to that.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University