Re: Firewall-Question: How is this working?

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 04:22:56PM +0200, Thomas Bitschnau wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 16:00, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
> > Connecting a port on a foreign host does not necessarily mean
> > portscanning. Check the host under your control. If you don't have
> > permissions then block those connections you don't want to allow.
> >
> > Btw. the named port on the foreign host is open and shows
> >
> > 1234/tcp open  hotline?
> >
> > You may have a software on host 192.168.0.2 which is "telephoning home".
>
> Thats the big problem.
>
> The host with this ip-address is the host I am writing this email at the
> moment and it's a Fedora Core 2 machine.
>
> I doubt there is a subseven-version for linux?
>
> Where can I find "the real" entry, not the "firestarter" one?

Thomas - I suggest you join the Firestarter list. Go to the Firestarter
page at:

http://firestarter.sourceforge.net

and click on the Mailing List link at the top right. The main author is
quick to help and can provide some detail on the FS log parsing methods.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg@xxxxxxx