Re: Firewall-Question: How is this working?

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 16:00, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Connecting a port on a foreign host does not necessarily mean
> portscanning. Check the host under your control. If you don't have
> permissions then block those connections you don't want to allow.
>
> Btw. the named port on the foreign host is open and shows
>
> 1234/tcp open  hotline?
>
> You may have a software on host 192.168.0.2 which is "telephoning home".

Thats the big problem.

The host with this ip-address is the host I am writing this email at the
moment and it's a Fedora Core 2 machine.

I doubt there is a subseven-version for linux?

Where can I find "the real" entry, not the "firestarter" one?

Greetings,
--
Thomas B.
ICQ UIN#: 28869987