Re: Up2date and SysAdmin auth.

William Hooper wrote:

Stanley Allely said:
[snip]

Does the default up2date verify the signatures...

[snip]

Yes.

# grep -i gpg /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
useGPG[comment]=Use GPG to verify package integrity
useGPG=1
gpgKeyRing[comment]=The location of the gpg keyring to use for package checking
gpgKeyRing=/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date-keyring.gpg

Thanks to the previous responses I finally knew what to go looking for and I found info on gpg, plenty of peace of mind from those 3 letters being in the default update system. Thanks for the info on the tweak, too. Your answer got me started on a knowledge quest that took me to a half dozen Linux security sites (and brain overload), unSpawn at the Linux Security forum on linuxquestions.org has a great reference list.
Thanks, Stan