Re: New Fedora Installation

DAYE EMINE wrote:
Please help,

Just bought an ASUS AN78X-E motherboard
NEW: ATI Radeon 9200 AGP video card
NEW: Maxtor 40GB AT IDE-Hard_drive
NEW: Internal PCI V92/56Kbps Voice Modem

I want Linux only on this PC and to be able to connect to my ISP someday.
Downloaded FEDORA and burned it on 3 CD, but now how do I prepare this
CD's for Installation, they seem to be RAR instead of ZIP compressed, am lost
but I want to play with Linux so bad.
I will accept any suggestion send to me at demine1@xxxxxxx or posted.
Please help
If you burned the RAR files to cds, you just wasted 3 CDs :(. You need to burn the .iso files to cds, which are ISO Images of a cd. Do a google search for a program called winrar.  Pretty much same thing as winzip, but different filetype. Unrar (instead of unzip...) them and you should have an ISO file. I don't know what program you use to burn CDs, but if its Roxio/Adaptec, just double click ont eh iso file and it will do the rest. Theres a difference between just putting the .iso file on a CD and burning the ISO image to a CD! Remember that and you will have less CD coasters!