FC2 hang during install

Hi folks:

I'm experiencing a hang during install of FC2 using a DVD copy from
CheapBytes.  I've used this dvd during a previous install on the same
computer but a different hard drive with success.

The previous hard drive was an array of three 36GB SCSI drives running off an
Adaptec 29160 controller.  Worked great but wanted to move these to a server
box to use in a RAID5 system.

Anyway, I replaced the SCSIs with IDE (WD 250GB).  Now, when I boot from the
dvd and start the gui install it gets as far as "running sbin/loader" and
hangs.  Just to test, I reinstalled the SCSIs and everything worked fine.

The new drive is not yet formatted.  I plan to use manual partitioning as I
set up some special partitions.

Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P workstation board with dual AMD MPs
2GB registered RAM
Video:	nVidia gforce4
WD 250GB HD on IDE primary master
ZIP 750 ATAPI on IDE primary slave
TDK DVD/CD writer on IDE secondary master
Plextor DVD/CD writer on IDE secondary slave

I suppose I could CHEAT and install some other linux (SuSE or RH) on the new
drive but that defeats the purpose of making a FRESH install on this drive.

Any suggestions?  Yes, I did search the archives but couldn't find anything
similar.

TIA, Tom
--
---