Re: Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

I have been watching the ever expanding posts on this subject, and even put my
two cents worth in once before - but I think that there is one point everyone
is simply over looking.  That is WHO is actually "designing" this operating
system for us.
                              VOLENTERS !
They do the work for nothing - and many of them are college age,  or just out
of school - and obviously quite brilliant.  But that is how Linux on the
whole is.  Someone creates something he wants to use,  and then he (or she)
offers it for anyone else to use. Only problem his creates is - not all of us
have the same sense of humor;  and none of us over the age of 50 have the
same sense of humor as we did when we were in our 20's.
     And as one gentleman pointed out - this is not isolated to Fidora!

This brings in the financial point. You don't pay for something - you take
what you get.  You want it scutanized and "sanitized" you pay someone to do
it, or you spend your time doing it yourself.  That brings up another problem
for allot of us (probably most of us) and that is we do not have he time to
go through everything  - and hat also means we do not have the time to
"donate" towards the future of Fidora!  So we leave that up to the brilliant
younger people who have the time (and the few older people who's brilliant
dreams have not been mashed,  or who's time to persue these non-paying dreams
has not been consumed by the effort needed today to make a living).

Do we have an alternative?   Something like Microsoft?  Yah - when you turn
the creative talent over to someone doing it for mainly money (ok - let's add
ego and power)- you get something like Microsoft.  But if Gates was not a
Megalomaniac - he would not have succeeded in today's business world! Sad -
but the truth.

My suggestion - quit complaining,  and donate some of your time to some of
these cutting edge technologies.  If that does not work for you - then
concentrate on using Commercial Based Products - that you pay a little for,
and you know someone has gone thorough most of the stuff for you.

One side thought . .  .  . ... has anyone seen any "complaints" or even
commens from anyone outside the US ?
    Considering so much of Linux seems to be worked on in other parts of the
world . . . . . . . . . but then they don't have the hang ups I guess.

I just think we have all chewed on this bone long enough.   Let's move on to
more creative endeavors.

AC