Re: Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:41:52 -0700 Kevin Wang wrote:
> Windows and mac dont' come with many screensavers ...

The issue is not if screensavers are distributed with an OS or not. The
issue is the material that could be considered objectionable, not matter
how remote the possibility, is. Such content is plan juvinile and will
cause decision making corporate types to choose something other than
Linux.

> weird. I have never had a problem running nvidia cards...

My problem is documented here and the nVidia list. With the driver
loaded I get garbage splash, square pointer of square garbage, and menu
options not visible until a pointer if moved over them. I have attempted
to rectify this by turning off the HWCursor and on the SWCursor. This
does get rid of the garbage pointer, but it becomes invisible once you
move it. Not real useful in a GUI.

Thanks for your support,

GregS <><