Re: Problem on Gnome Desktop and FORCE upgrade

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 06:40, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> Further to my last posting, now 'gedit' disappears.
> Neither could I find it on
>
> Main Menu --> Accessories
>
> nor can I start it on terminal with 'gedit'
>
> I haven't run any process after running Red Carpet to
> add/remove some packages.
>
> $ rpm -q gedit
> package gedit is not installed
>
> $ rpm -qa | grep gedit
> imlib-cfgeditor-1.9.13-15.1
>
> Kindly advise how to get it started

I presume that Red Carpet removed gedit in an attempt to resolve your
dependency conflicts. Didn't you pay attention to what it told you it
was about to do? You can check what it did by starting it and switching
to the History tab where you will be able to see what you did. You can
try to re-inistall gedit by clicking on the icon on the toolbar that
looks like a Radar dish, selecting the following channels:

      * Fedora Core 2
      * Fedora Core 2 Stable
      * Fedora Core 2 Updates
      * rpm.livna.org stable

and then switching to the Available Software tab, find gedit, select it,
Mark for Installation, and then click the icon that looks like gears.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com