Another 802.11g suggestion thread

As always with wireless in linux, suggestions at any given point in time
seems to be the key to getting something that works. Yay changelogs!

Does anybody have any experience or is there any PCMCIA 802.11g card out
there that will work well with FC2 'native'? Or some card out there that
has relatively decent drivers written for linux. This is something my
little sister was asking me about as she pretty much depends on wireless.
She doesn't have much experience with linux and am not around her to
answer her questions, but she wants to learn and become more comfortable.
And it is not like I know much about this anyways, all my experience is
with Prism 2.5 and Realtek 8180 802.11b chipsets. I've always been happy
enough with the prism 2.5 and linux-wlan drivers, but she wants 'g'.

I'd prefer not having to use ndiswrapper to emulate windows drivers. I
would much rather spend extra money if need be to support a company that
'does' give out specification to opensource, or develop their own decent
linux drivers. (decent as in what the Realtek 8180 drivers are not)

Thanks,
Michael