Re: Missing checkerboard on startx problem

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 01:35:07AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 August 2004 22:05, Etanisla Lopez-Ortiz wrote:
> >*snip*
> >
> >> Other people find the checkerboard annoying.
> >
> >*snip*
> >
> >Also, for some people, the checkerboard is a seizure trigger...
>
> ??? seizure trigger ??? as in epilepsy?  Or just a fit of apoplexy
> from seeing it?  The latter seems like a personal problem, the former
> a recommendation to raise the dosage of dilantin a wee bit.

Gark.... please do not prescribe drugs....  ;-(

If you were the officer of a company a company and you could be in
court for just such a remark.  Note that I did see your smiley face
in between the lines that others might miss.

Epilepsy, migraines, color blindness, blindness, monitor frequency
sensitivity and other "personal limitations" are not fun if they
impact you.

One of the good things about the open source community is that things
like this can and are being addressed.  This is happening in Linux,
Linux applications and Gnu-tools without well intentioned but stupid
legislation.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	/dev/dull where insight begins.