Re: IMAP timeouts

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 05:30, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 05.08.2004 schrieb Javier Perez um 12:00:
>
> > I had problems with timeouts in IMAP. Everything was working fine with Outlook 2000, Courier-Imap and FC2 running the Courier-Imap.
> >
> > Suddenly, now I get frequent timeouts.
>
> And what did you change when first time the timeouts occur? You must
> have changed either on server side or client side.

Server side I do not remember changing anything. I checked my changelog
and there are no program installations or conf file changes.

Client Side, I applied the latest windows security updates with the
Cumulative Security Update for IE Service Pack 1 (KB867801)

> > No matter what client I use (outlook, outlook xpress, thunderbird, mozilla) I get timeouts after downloading around 20 headers. When Outlook express tells me about it, I tell it to stop and then the client download some more messages.
>
> And from a different client host?
>
> > I thought It had to do with the mailserver and I switch courier for dovecot, but I get the same result
> >
> > I think maybe it is something with the wrappper service or something like that.
>
> Which wrapper service?

I remember that Courier had a daemon called couriertcp which called the
imap program each time someone logged on port 143. I just learning
dovecot and I am not sure if there is some sort of play like this for
the dovecot imap to work. I am still learning how it works. But at
least, I know that inside the server it is working fine because
Evolution does not have any problem. The problem is in the
communication between an external client and the server.
I already changed the client and the server, therefore whatever problem
is left should be on the link connecting them both.