Re: Problem on Gnome Desktop and FORCE upgrade

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 16:10, Stephen Liu wrote:

> The Gnome desktop including icons look identical to
> KDE with K-Start(Redhat) on bottom menu-bar.

With the Bluecurve theme (the default theme for both GNOME and KDE in
RHL9, FC1 and FC2) that is the desired effect. Bluecurve is *meant* to
make GNOME and KDE look the same. If you don't like it can you change it
by going to Preferences -> Theme in the main menu and changing your
theme to something else?

If this is NOT the problem can you please try and put a screenshot
somewhere so we can see what your problem is?

> Gnome-Start(the big-foot) disppears including
> gnome-applications, such as gedit, nautilus, etc.
> They have to be started on terminal.  I tried to add
> them to the panel/menu but could not find them on
> 'add-to-Panel'.

It sounds like there is something wrong with your menu more than
anything else.

Did you look into rpm -V? You could try something like this:

rpm -qa | grep gnome | xargs rpm -V

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com