Re: eth0 before pcmcia

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 02:36, Shu Hung (Koala) wrote:
> I know this is a stupid question... How to do so?
>
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> >In the network config set it to NOT start the card on boot.  When pcmcia
> >is started the card will magically (and unexpectedly) get started
> >anyway.
> >
> >:)

Not a stupid questions.  It is a stupid problem! :)

Go to the main menu and select: System Settings --> Network, then edit
your interface.  There will be a check box that says something like
Activate device when computer starts.

Make sure that box is NOT checked for pcmcia network cards.

<rant>
The network startup code needs to be modified to look for pcmcia cards
and set a flag if they are marked to be activated when the computer
starts.  Then when the pcmcia services start and it sees a network card
it needs to check that flag and start the card if it is checked.  This
would resolve this problem once and for all.

If this is not done this will continue to be a problem.

</rant>

Had to get that off my chest, again!

--
Scot L. Harris <webid@xxxxxxxxxx>