eth0 before pcmcia

I almost said "cart before the horse"

I remember some discussion about this, but it's been eons and I don't
recall the solution, if there was one.

In the process of booting, Fedora tries to connect to the network before
initializing pcmcia.  Since I have a pc card NIC, this doesn't work very
well.  The NIC does ultimately get an IP and I'm on the network without
any intervention on my part, it's just the long pause and the error as
it times out during the boot sequence.

Is there any way I can rearrange thing where pcmcia starts first, then
the network, or can I hard code something that will at least shorten the
timeout and / or eliminate the error message ??

Any tips or pointers to docs would be much helpful.

Thanks

Joebewan