Re: Fedora Core 2 boot floppy issue

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Di, den 20.07.2004 schrieb David Nedrow um 18:54:

I've got a boot floppy that seems to work with one exception:

When it attemps to load the netstg2.img file, it looks under .../core/2/i386/os/RedHat/base, rather than .../core/2/i386/os/Fedora/base.

Where did you take the boot floppy from? I ask because there is not FC2
boot floppy, because it won't fit on a floppy.

Alexander,

I've hacked together my own boot disk out of the diskboot.img file. Basically, I built a new kernel and the couple of modules I needed, updated modules.cgz, recreated the initrd.img file, the created a new boot floppy with my custom kernel. Believe it or not, everything I need for a network boot fits on one floppy.

My only problem is that anaconda is looking in the wrong place for the stage2 files (RedHat, rather than Fedora). I also tried creating a boot disk using the boot.img file as a starting point, but the same problem is there.

But, as I noted, if I use the original ISO boot image and burn it to a CD, anaconda looks in the correct directory on the ftp server.

-David