Configurin GRUB or Installin LiLO

Hello everybody!!!

My name is Flávio, I'm from Brazil and I've installed Fedora Core 2 yesterday in my computer [Motherboard ASUS A7V8X-X, AthlonXP 2700+, 256mb DDR333, 1 hard disk 15GB(Fedora), 1 hard disk 40 GB(WindowsXP), SiS AG315P (Video) and DVD/CDRW (LG)]. Everything is working fine in Fedora Core 2, but i´m having problems with the GRUB. When the GRUB starts, it works fine to boot Fedora, but when I try to boot WindowsXP, it doesn´t work! The WindowsXP doesn´t start. The screen shows the following message:

rootnoverify hd(1,0)
chainloader +1

and the WindowXP doesn´t start. The devices of my computer are:

hda1(Fedora)
hda2(Fedora)
hda3(Fedora)
hdb1(windowsXP)

The partitions of Fedora are: boot, swap and Fedora, but I don´t know the order.

I would like to know if anybody could please help me to configure the GRUB so I can start the WindowsXP (or send me the link to a tutorial in the internet), or help me to install the LiLO (I think it´s much easier to configure...)

I also can't see the WindowsXP partition (hdb1) when i´m using Fedora. I tried a command to mount it, but it didn´t work. I used a bootable CD i have here (Kurumin 3.0, a variant from Knoppix), and all the files from Windows XP and Fedora can be seen. I would like to access it from the Fedora (the partition hdb1, with WinXP, is FAT32)

Could someone help me please? I would be very pleased with your help.

Sorry for such a long e-mail...

Thank you very much

Flávio
Brasília,DF
Brasil

Zacarias de Sete Lagoas
Estúdio 5 - Os Trapalhões
Rede globo de Televisão
Zaca_LiC_UnB

Acesse nosso portal www.click21.com.br

Porque internet grátis, nem a Embratel pode fazer mais barato. Mas pode fazer melhor.