Re: Suggestion for Newbies [Was: Curt Tone]

> Yes i am new, i am reading this right now and can't make heads or tails
> of it.
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html
> Yes my boot record is messed with xp and i need to access it.
> I can't understand this could someone please help

How Mathew

I've been following this thread from the first post so I've seen everyone
elses input to date on this. I can see both sides of this argument for
helping out new people and also helping out old hands with issues. It's been
discussed on here several times.

First off - everyone kicks off with linux at square one if they're new to
it. I got a helping hand from a guy in America (Thanks Bill) for fixed
routes on boot many years ago. He took the trouble to walk me through the
scripts and point out what was happening at every stage even though he was a
BSD user (I never found that out until later). The reason why he did this
was because I'd run out of steam and I'd asked a specific question on
something I didn't understand in the script process. You're in a similar
predicament but you have to be more specific in the problem that you can't
understand from that html link then someone will help you out, I guarantee
it.

Best advice grab a beer, print off the pages and read them through then jot
a message to us with the bit's that don't make sense to you. Be specific.

Regretably you will come across the odd smartarse that just say's RTFM in a
reply to a question you've asked. (Some peoples ego's get the better of
them) but if it's all spelled out clearly in the original post then it's
there in black and white then nobody can 'get out of their tree' about the
question and the responses!

Anyways that all said, welcome to linux land we hope you enjoy your stay :-)

Bry <- from Geordieland where everyone is friendly and approachable.