Suggestion for Newbies [Was: Curt Tone]

After reading "Curt Tone" on this list I couldn't help
but reply.

OK, so you have have problem with Linux.
Making the transition from MS Windows to Linux is
never a smooth one and your NOT ALONE.

So where do you start?

Before you send an email to the list there is a few
things to try.

1) Try to locate a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Document.
2) Try to locate a "How To" document. Try:
http://www.tldp.org/ This is a great site.
3) USE Google! Google is your friend!
Don't know how to use google? Try:
http://www.google.com/help/basics.html
4) If you still cannot find help, then send an email
to the list with a reasonable amount of information on
the issue. Lack of information makes people annoyed.

There are endless amounts of sites that help people
starting out in Linux.
Again, GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

Don't take flames personally!!
Everybody has received one, at one time or another.
Move on and learn from it.

I'm sure there are other things to try or that other
people try in different sequences. But these my
suggestions.

Cheers

http://au.movies.yahoo.com