Re: Suggestion for Newbies [Was: Curt Tone]

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 20:51, Craig Bumpstead wrote:

> Before you send an email to the list there is a few
> things to try.
>
> 1) Try to locate a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
> Document.

<snip>

> 4) If you still cannot find help, then send an email
> to the list with a reasonable amount of information on
> the issue. Lack of information makes people annoyed.

"Thou shall not be too easily annoyed." Rather than wasting time and
bandwidth - ignore the question.

Yes there are many FAQs and, yes, people often seek the path of least
resistance. Nevertheless, the search for CONSISTENT information through
various FAQs can be as pragmatic as Talmudic study - and just as
confusing. Many questions are basic yet associated with either kernels
or Fedora specific matters and are not easily answered by pouring
through often conflicting and dated FAQs.

The point is that nobody should be deterred from asking their questions
due to the anticipated response. Get used to it. The community is
expanding dramatically - and that's a good thing. It's a big tent.