FC2 on Intel 440GX+ Fails Install

I have been unable to install Fedora Core 2 on an Intel 440GX+ motherboard with dual Pentium III CPUs. The installation hangs at the very end, when the IDE boot sector is being written.

This particular machine also has SCSI drives installed on the mobo-provided controller. The original RH-ES CD release from last year *does* install on this machine, but Fedora Core 2 will not.

I know these Intel series 440 motherboards had some SCSI problems with Fedora Core 1. Core 1 will also not install on this machine. It hangs at the SCSI driver load, as previously noted here.

We did run RH6 and RH8 on another 440GX machine for several years with excellent performance. And this 440GX works with RH-ES. Any suggestions, other than having to buy another RH-ES license? (We already pay for one. We're a non-profit, that's enough, I think.)

Thanks for any help,
"Uncle Ricky"
www.reelradio.com