of firefox is different. For example it had import my bookmarks etc.
Hope that helps.
David
On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 15:00, Jaime Alvarez wrote:

I'm afraid that i can't use your advice, because I'm using Fedora Core 1.

Jaime

Re: firefox problem

From: Mark Weaver <mdw1982 mdw1982 dyndns org>

To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>

Subject: Re: firefox problem

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:43:38 -0400

Jaime Alvarez wrote:

I was using Firefox 0.8 until i decided to try the new version
yesterday. I used yum to remove the old one and then yum again to
install version 0.9.1. Now i can't use either firefox or the original
mozilla version that comes with Fedora (Core 1), but konqueror works
fine. During the installation, yum said that a XFree86 update was needed
and i agreed to it.

Any suggestions?

it sounds like the last bit is where your problem lies. ( installation
of XFree86 )

FC2 uses Xorg and not XFree86. Check your installed packages list to see
if you've got both, ( although I don't see how that could be possible )
installed on your system. You'll want to remove the XFree86 packages in
favor of the Xorg packages.

--
Mark

Linux user because anything else is just insane.

I renamed my .mozilla directory, and when i started firefox it prompted me for importing dtaa from older versions, but then it didn't work (i trid both, importing and not importing)

In my opinion, it is very strange that mozilla 1.4.1 doesn't start either...