Re: firefox problem

I'm afraid that i can't use your advice, because I'm using Fedora Core 1.

Jaime

Re: firefox problem

From: Mark Weaver <mdw1982 mdw1982 dyndns org>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: firefox problem
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:43:38 -0400
Jaime Alvarez wrote:

> I was using Firefox 0.8 until i decided to try the new version
> yesterday. I used yum to remove the old one and then yum again to
> install version 0.9.1. Now i can't use either firefox or the original
> mozilla version that comes with Fedora (Core 1), but konqueror works
> fine. During the installation, yum said that a XFree86 update was needed
> and i agreed to it.
>
> Any suggestions?

it sounds like the last bit is where your problem lies. ( installation
of XFree86 )

FC2 uses Xorg and not XFree86. Check your installed packages list to see
if you've got both, ( although I don't see how that could be possible )
installed on your system. You'll want to remove the XFree86 packages in
favor of the Xorg packages.

--
 Mark

Linux user because anything else is just insane.