Re: Internet connection

Jeff Vian wrote:
My experience with adsl was that the provider timed out the IP lease and
I had to get a new one frequently (at least every 8 hours).

The simplest way I found for that was to use "service network restart"
and it just reconnected and worked.  In fact I got so that I just ran
that command from cron so I did not have to worry about it after that.

That's very strange. I have adsl, and despite IP lease expiration every 8 or so hours, I've never had to restart my network. In fact, if dsl dies off for a short period and resyncs, rp-pppoe picks it back up on its own typically.

I have sbcglobal for a provider, what about yourselves?

Alex White