cvs missing parts and up2date and yum failures

I tried setting up cvs on yarrow and couldn't find cvsinit script anywhere on the system and this was a custom type install with everything installed. Some of cvs was on the system, but I'm wondering if cvsinit is even in the source rpms. yum just complains about bad headers and won't allow me to clean them off the machine and the servers are gone for that updates install route. The up2date servers are not down, but cracked packages may be on some of those mirrors. I can't be sure about this because although tcl-html new version I forget the number consistently fails its gpg test, and mailman new version did a couple times last night other packages above them did not. I have a broadband cable connection though and suspect it of poor transmission quality because it could never successfully download disc3.iso or disc4.iso for tettnang from the linux-speakup.org source which is where us screen reader users get our copies of Linux operating systems most of the time. I used rsync to synchronize downloads and though rsync said it was successful the media check failed on both discs consistently. There was a new version of rsync downloaded in the batch of updates, so I'll try those downloads again and see if better results can be had.