Re: How do I know if ddclient is really working properly

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 14:18 +0200, serge pynte wrote:
> Op za 03-07-2004, om 00:54 schreef Barry Yu:
> > I installed ddclient, during level 3 starting up I could see "Starting
> > ddclient ......... [O.K]"
> > When logged in as root in console, received a mail from ddclient said "
> > Caught SIGTERM ;  exiting ". Is this a problem?
> > Logged into desktop all the way from the main menu->System
> > setting->Server settings-> to Service configuration, can see that
> > ddclient (pid2930) is running.
> > But the above "Caught SIGTERN" message seems to be a problem ( If it is
> > how to fix?), and within this local machine what can I do to find out if
> > ddclinet is really working properly? README is the only info I have, I
> > setup according to it and the ddclient could read the IP address
> > assigned from ISP to WAN port of my router, but this just doesn't give
> > enough confidence to prove it is really working - I have to wait 5 days
> > for IP address change  and then I can tell ( The last resort ).
> > Any pointer to solution will be appreciated.
> >

> It is a problem
> u should reseive following mail from ddclient:
>
> SUCCESS:  updating blabla.dyndns.org: good: IP address set to
> bla.bla.bla.bla
>

> regards,
>    ddclient@blabla (version 3.6.3)

Yes the above is correct, as that is what I get as well when there is a
change or if the same IP is used after 15 or so days.

If he is getting the below message when the computer is booted, then
it's also running fine..

WARNING:  caught SIGTERM; exiting

regards,
   ddclient@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (version 3.6.3)

Not sure why it does that, but it is indeed running so the user just needs to let it ride for a while.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"