Re: How do I know if ddclient is really working properly

Op za 03-07-2004, om 00:54 schreef Barry Yu:
> I installed ddclient, during level 3 starting up I could see "Starting
> ddclient ......... [O.K]"
> When logged in as root in console, received a mail from ddclient said "
> Caught SIGTERM ;  exiting ". Is this a problem?
> Logged into desktop all the way from the main menu->System
> setting->Server settings-> to Service configuration, can see that
> ddclient (pid2930) is running.
> But the above "Caught SIGTERN" message seems to be a problem ( If it is
> how to fix?), and within this local machine what can I do to find out if
> ddclinet is really working properly? README is the only info I have, I
> setup according to it and the ddclient could read the IP address
> assigned from ISP to WAN port of my router, but this just doesn't give
> enough confidence to prove it is really working - I have to wait 5 days
> for IP address change  and then I can tell ( The last resort ).
> Any pointer to solution will be appreciated.

It is a problem
u should reseive following mail from ddclient:

SUCCESS:  updating blabla.dyndns.org: good: IP address set to
bla.bla.bla.bla

regards,
   ddclient@blabla (version 3.6.3)

if not check if named is setup right to forward and so on
mvg
serge