Re: Disabling IPv6

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 01:42, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> Guys/gals:
>
> The "ideal" way to disable IPv6 in a Fedora system is apparently to place
> this line in /etc/sysconfig/network:
>
>       NETWORKING_IPV6=no
>
> However, I have just tested this on my router when I had to power down to
> switch UPS systems, and it appears not to work. I am unable to continue
> testing since this is a production server (so IPv6 will stay on for another
> week or so) and I'll have my test boxen back online in a few days.
>
> Could a few people help me test this, before I file it as a bug?

Hi Rodolfo,

Along with the "NETWORKING_IPV6=no" in /etc/sysconfig/network, I also
have in /etc/modprobe.conf:
alias net-pf-10 off
alias ipv6 off

IPv6 seems fully disabled after that. (checked ifconfig,netstat,lsmod
etc.)

Regards,
Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.