Disabling IPv6

Guys/gals:

The "ideal" way to disable IPv6 in a Fedora system is apparently to place this line in /etc/sysconfig/network:

     NETWORKING_IPV6=no

However, I have just tested this on my router when I had to power down to switch UPS systems, and it appears not to work. I am unable to continue testing since this is a production server (so IPv6 will stay on for another week or so) and I'll have my test boxen back online in a few days.

Could a few people help me test this, before I file it as a bug?

Thanks!

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com