Re: Fedora Core 2 and audio

Florin Andrei wrote:
I tried to run yum but that failed also
I assume there is a config file somewhere that will allow me to set a proxy or some such.

export http_proxy="http://your.proxy.here:8080"; Then run yum.

Thank you once again.

Bloody hell!! Well, I did what you suggested I do to get yum to work, and ran 'yum list.' It must have downloaded 50 or more packages! It also told me that system-config-soundcard is installed (thank you yum - the fact that I used it before should have alerted me to the fact that it was installed!!) and that it is the latest version. I'll do as you say and avoid the alsaplayer.

BTW, is there a reason for the spurning of alsaplayer?

Regards,
Steve Cooke.