Re: Fedora Core 2 and audio

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 18:33, Steve Cooke wrote:

> I guess a possible followup question would be "is there a list of these
> system-config-... thingys somewhere?"

Either look at the install CDs, or browse one of the on-line Fedora
repositories, or be lazy and pull a:

yum list system-config*

> I tried to run yum but that failed also
> I assume there is a config file somewhere that will allow me to set a
> proxy or some such.

export http_proxy="http://your.proxy.here:8080";

(Replace proxy hostname and port with the proper settings on your
network.)

Then run yum.

To make this config bit permanent, create the file
/etc/profile.d/proxy.sh and put in it the "export" line i indicated
above. Logout/login and it should work.
Then all your command-line utilities (wget, links, etc.) should "see"
this proxy, not only yum.

The name of the file is not critical, just make sure it's in
/etc/profile.d and it has a .sh extension.

> If I can get it running I may try the rest of your
> suggestions - the packages on FreshRPMS look rather interesting...

You could install those packages manually, but yum makes the whole
process orders of magnitude simpler and faster.

> Thanks again for your help. My machine now feels complete!

Glad to hear that.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/