Re: PPP not working ? Why ?

perhaps change the /etc/resolv.conf into

nameserver 195.121.1.34
nameserver 195.121.1.66
(please change ip of name servers to your own name servers)

ppp works ok with me, i only have trubbles when the line gets disconnected
i still have a problem with net unregistering device ppp0 from kernel, but I
seem to be the only one
who has this specific problem

The way to go after a connection is made is:
open a local shell
ping localhost
ping assigned ipnumber
            if ok PPP on ip is ok otherwise check ppp settings: password /
login, firewall etc
ping known DNS server by IP number
            if ok then your dailin is OK, otherwise check ppp settings: mtu
firewall etc etc
ping known DNS server by name
            if not ok you've got a DNS problem
ping another host by name
            if not ok change DNS server

At each step a new variable is introduced thus reducing the errors